A “Bittersweet” Farewell: Mrs. Dorfman Retires from HMHS

Photo Credit: Twitter

Mrs. Dorfman (left), pictured with Mrs. Dickstein-Hughes

Jessica Goode, Staff Writer

Retiring is an emotional end to an employee’s working life, particularly when you have built your professional life for 21 years at one school. There are many ways to celebrate a retirement: throw a party, hand out cards and gifts, and for the Bulldawg Bulletin – write an article to remember them. 

In her over two decades with the Haddonfield School District, Mrs. Dorfman has brought positive change, shown immense kindness and compassion to all of her students as guidance counselor. For Mrs. Dorfman, leaving HMHS is “bittersweet” and it is hard to say good-bye. “I will miss the people. Staff, students and family” Mrs. Dorfman said. 

Unlike most teachers and administrators who retire during the summer months, Mrs. Dorfman is leaving now because for the counselors the beginning of the year for them is the end of the first semester. The end of the first semester is course selection and discussing personal learning plans. 

Once she has retired she will try new things. Her family is definitely thrilled for her, and “My grandkids are excited and my husband is more excited than me!” she said. 

From the writers, editors and advisors of the Bulldawg Bulletin, we wish you many happy years of retirement! Thank you for 21 years of service to HMHS’s students and families.