Girls Tennis Scores Another Victorious Season

Samantha Sirover, Staff Writer

Covid did not stop Haddonfield’s girls tennis team from having a great season. Everyone on the team was incredibly thankful that even with all the chaos and uncertainty, they were able to have a fall season. With a 13-2 record in the end, with their only losses against Moorestown High School and Shawnee High School, the team delivered once again. However, this amazing season would not have occurred without Coach Holman, the “winningest” coach, Coach Rozenfield, and Coach Kasse.

The lineup for this season contributed this year’s successful season. At first singles was senior Lily Hanna, followed by second second singles, senior Kate Morris, then third singles, sophomore Sammy Sirover. At first doubles was senior Alexandra McDonnel and sophomore Lucinda Andrewes, followed by second singles, sophomores Ava Grookett and Tina Tian. Besides the varsity lineup, the JV players had a phenomenal season as well.

The first tournament of the season, the Camden County tournament, was a victory with Lily Hanna winning the singles championship match with 7-5, 6-1. For the doubles bracket, the championship match was Haddonfield vs. Haddonfield competing for the win, which went to Alexandra McDonnel with a score of 7-5, 6-2. It was a great tournament for the team. And in the final match of the season against Seneca High School, Haddonfield won its 19th straight sectional title with a score of 5-0. Therefore, the team won the Southwest Group 2 title. It was a great way to end off a great season.