Junior Tighe to Peruvian National Soccer Team

Helene Usher, Editor

HMHS junior Allison Tighe has been invited to participate in the Federación Peruana de Fútbol (FPF) Peruvian Women’s U17 National camp at the National Training Facility in Chincha, Peru. Tighe has dual citizenship as her mother, Ingrid, is from Peru, and most of her family resides there. (Hence why she is eligible for the training camp and perhaps someday, even the national team). As a key player on HMHS’ varsity soccer team since her freshman year and a member of the Real Jersey Football Club team, Tighe, a striker, has established herself as an incredible player. Over the course of her first two years playing for the Bulldawgs, she scored 15 goals and 11 assists. This season, she has shown drastic improvement and has been an integral part of the HMHS’ soccer team’s impressive 10-7-1 record heading into the playoffs, with 15 goals and eight assists already to her name. Unfortunately, the camp took place at the same time as the Bulldawgs’ first two playoff games, which definitely posed a challenge for the team. However, due to their immense amount of depth and talent from players like seniors Sara Smith and Juliet Walls along with juniors Allison Baxter and Thea Spellmeyer, the team has continued to succeed. They played their first playoff game on November 2nd against Manchester Township and won 5-0. Three days later, on November 5, they won the second round against Haddon Heights 1-0. Now that Tighe is back and better than ever, she will hopefully help them finish their incredible season!