Dawgs Become State Champs on an NFL Field

Katrina Edwards, Staff Writer

After an incredible undefeated season, the Dawgs took home the State Champion Title on December first! The Haddonfield football team, cheerleaders, band and color guard, Madrigals, and a bus full of fans arrived at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, ready to show some true Haddonfield spirit. Upon arrival, the band and color guard warmed up just outside of the tremendous stadium, which has seating for 82,500 people. Before the singing of the national anthem, the band and color guard performed this year’s halftime show, La Nouba. They were excited to present their all of their hard work in front of a crowd as large as this one, and they delivered; their performance was spectacular! Then, the HMHS Madrigals sang the national anthem. The choir, directed by Tyler Mills, got to warm up in the entrance to the field, and stand at the fifty yard line as they sang. Hearing their voices echo throughout the entire arena was something they will never forget.

Even though the temperature was chillier than desired, and it even began to rain after halftime, nothing could stop the Dawgs. The cheerleaders riled up the crowd, even through the rain and cold wind. As for the game, the football team took home the championship, defeating Hillside in a 17-7 victory. Celebrating on an NFL field, Haddonfield Football created a proud moment for every Haddonfield resident. Whether students were playing on the field, cheering the team on, playing music and performing for an excited crowd, or singing the National Anthem to kick off the State Bowl Game, everyone felt victorious leaving MetLife stadium, as it was the perfect way to conclude Haddonfield 13-0 season.