Club Fair Draws Big Crowds

Ally McBryan, Staff Writer

The club fair is an opportunity for students to explore and learn about the numerous clubs Haddonfield High School provides. The variety of unique and appealing clubs allow any student the chance to discover one they may enjoy being involved in. This school years club fair took place on September 18th, during all lunches. Clubs who participated, set up their own tables and displayed information about their club and a sheet to sign up. Students had the chance to participate and be introduced to clubs that may interest them. The different categories of clubs include: academic, service, cultural, special interests, sports, music, etc. Some examples of the various clubs are: Digital Arts Club, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Interact, L.E.O. Club, Ski Club, Stand up for Camden, and Spanish Club. Many clubs continue to be apart of the the school this year like Interact, Digital arts Club, and L.E.O. Club. And a few new clubs evolve for this school year. One new club this year is,Pile of Smile, created by sophomore, Gianna Cucinotta. She explains, Pile of Smile is non-profit organization, that gives the money from art sold to grant wishes for children with terminal cancer. Although Gianna brought the club to Haddonfield High School, the organization was started by a friend, Imogen. Cucinotta describes, Imogen started the organization in honor of my Dad, she wanted to make a difference after seeing my dad fight and the life he lived. Similar to other club organizers and creators, Gianna has goals for the year, she mentions, My goals for this year are to get a good start on the club, to make art, eventually have an art gala to show case the art we have made, and finally to grant a wish. I have high goals for the club but I believe we will be able to reach them!Pile of Smile is a great example of a club that may interest students fascinated and interested in art and giving back to the community. The annual club fair was a fun and successful event that displayed the different clubs students may be involved with and encouraged students to reach out and be more involved with Haddonfield High School.